The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is hosting the 2018 Mental Health Innovation Zone presented by Takeda Pharmaceuticals, U.S.A, a showcase and catalyst for new mental health technologies, as part of its upcoming 2018 Annual Meeting. The Innovation Zone is focused on answering the question: "What is next in mental health technology?" It will include lectures, panel discussions, and a "Shark Tank"-style innovation session where attendees can pitch their own product ideas. Topics will include:
- Beyond Just the Wrist: Rethinking Wearable Technology for Mental Health
- Telepsychiatry Roundtable
- Gut Microbes and Mood: The Microbiota-Brain Connection
- Innovation and AI Panel
- Hashtags, Bots, Apps and All That: #Recovery in the Digital Age
- The 2018 Psychiatry Innovation Lab Presented by Otsuka America Pharmaceutical. Finalist will compete for the $10,000 Grand Prize in this idea accelerator event.
For more information: https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/media-advisory-innovat....